CTi’s Signature: The Hallmark System
The application of the Standard CTi Hallmark system is simple and straightforward. There are five basic steps that need to be completed for a quality, long-lasting job. They are:
- Prep: Like all projects worth doing, the quality of the preparation sets the pace for the quality of the job. In the case of the CTi Hallmark system we prepare the surface with a solution wash followed by pressure washing and, when necessary, we remove any old coatings. We then repair any existing cracks with our Smart Prep system.
- Skim: Apply the Skim Coat (base coat). In this step we trowel a thin layer of our acrylic modified cement onto the slab. This produces three results: First, an even texture to accept the spray coat. Second, the color of the skim coat becomes the color of the “grout” lines or design pattern in the finished surface. Third, small imperfections (light spalling etc,) are filled in and made smooth.
- Tape: Creating the Design. We then form the pattern that will create the grout lines of our finished design. Using either special filament tape or, for more intricate designs, a computer-cut stencil, we lay out the pattern we want to appear in our finished job.
- Spray: Next, using CTi Hopper Guns, we spray the main color and texture over the entire work area. This is followed by several highlight colors, which add depth and realism to the finished job. We then remove the filament tape, revealing the finished pattern.
- Seal: Apply CTi Sealer. Last, we roll on 2 coats of CTi high-tech sealer to finish the job. An important point to note is that the CTi sealer re-emulsifies the previous layers and draws our product down into the concrete. This creates a unique molecular bond with the underlying slab and is twice as strong as the concrete beneath it!
This is the Hallmark system. Straightforward. Simple. And… profitable!
CTi’s Most Affordable System: The Spraymark System
CTi’s hi-tech, entry level system is simplicity itself!
Prep: Like all projects worth doing, the better the preparation, the better the job. In the case of the CTi’s Spraymark system we prepare the surface with a solution wash followed by pressure cleaning,
Spray: Next, using our CTi Hopper Gun, we spray the main color and texture over the entire work area.
Seal: Apply CTi Sealer. Last, we roll on our CTi high-tech sealer to finish the job. An important point to note is that the CTi sealer re-emulsifies the previous layers and draws our product down into the concrete. This creates a unique molecular bond with the underlying slab and is twice as strong as the concrete beneath it!
Our latest Spraymark System is designed to meet anyone’s budget, yet provide a durable, beautiful coating the homeowner will enjoy for years to come.
The Stone Classic System:
The first major variation of our Hallmark System is known as the Stone Classic System. Using the same materials as the Hallmark system, it differs in that the main color is troweled on rather than sprayed on. We use a technique known as “hook” troweling that creates a light texture rather than a flat finish. It also differs in that the highlight colors are applied with a sponge rather than sprayed on. These two modifications to the Hallmark System allow us to closely mimic the look of cut stone such as slate or flagstone. Again, the last step is to seal the job with CTi high-tech, emulsifying sealer.
The Acrylistain System:
The next variation to the Hallmark System is known as the Acrylistain System. Once again, it is based entirely on the Hallmark products. However, here we apply the base or skim coat with that light texture using the “hook” trowel method. With the skim coat moistened, we apply a light mist of diluted CTi colorants, using pump sprayers. The colors run together creating a unique, colorful design. This look mimics that of acid-stained concrete, but affords all the protection and durability of the CTi system. Although less expensive and quicker to apply, because of its rich look, many of our dealers use Acylistain as an “upgraded” or premier system. To finish, it, too, is sealed with a CTi high-tech sealer.
CTi’s Wood Look
CTi’s Wood Look is made with our Hallmark components but applied to look like a hardwood floor. Apply a base coat and lay out the wood finish. You then hook trowel the finish similar to the Acrylistain and Stone Classic but highlighting is normally done with a paint brush to create the look of hard wood flooring.
F1 Fast Floor System
CTi’s F1 Fast Floor System is our unique, cutting edge technology that allows a Dealer to complete projects such as garage floors, workshops, basements and even commercial floors in one day. The clean, modern look offered by the F1 System makes it perfect for home and business owners alike. Simply apply the F1 base coat with the color of your choosing, spray poly vinyl chips into the wet base coat and then seal with the F1 System coat without the color to provide a tough, chemical resistant floor.
The revolutionary ECS (Euro Counter System):
Launched at our February, 2008, Dealer Rally, the ECS interior counter top system mimics the look of polished stone, such as granite or marble. One of its industry unique features is that it is applied directly on top of the existing laminate surface.
Application is as follows:
- The surface of the laminate is lightly sanded to create some mechanical “bite” for the ECS product.
- A light base coat of the ECS mixture is then brushed onto the laminate.
- Several additional coats are then troweled onto the base coat.
- The desired colorants are then sprayed on top of the product for a “marbled” look. Depending upon the base colors and sprayed colors, each counter top becomes its own, unique, work of art.
- To complete the new counter top, several specialty sealers are available to achieve the depth, chemical resistance and durability desired.
CTi’s Eurobond allows a homeowner the look and durability of granite or marble at a fraction of the cost! Additionally, the finished product can be created in any color or mix of colors the homeowner desires. (You can match existing décor rather than having to redecorate a kitchen to match a new counter top.) Eurobond can also be used for interior flooring. This allows you to install a matching floor and counter top, something that is not practical (nor affordable) with a natural stone product.
CTi’s Reflective Floor Additive:
CTi has a new reflective floor additive for its Rapid Armor sealer. This new additive provides a shimmering metallic look commonly found in high end granite or marble. The product is very easy to apply and can be installed over a skim coat or simply rolled out over prepared concrete or countertops. The product can offer a number of unique looks from marble and granite to cut stone.
The final look is very hard to photograph, since the apparent color, reflections and highlights appear to change as you move across a floor or countertop.
We started shipping this product in November of ’12.
The Next Step:
Learning the various CTi applications described above are the easiest part of becoming a Certified CTi Dealer. None of these systems is difficult to master. However, you must first attend our Training Seminar to become a certified CTi Dealer. Here’s how…
By placing a $499.00 training fee per person, you will be ensuring your spot in our next 2-day Training Seminar.